The display on the printer appears with blinking lights. It will show character P then 0 then 8 (P08). That means the print head temperature above the specified value. You can simply replace the ink cartridge or refill the cartridge, but it is not working for some case. This tutorial is working for MP258/MP250 but it might be working for other type like the newer model MP270 series or previous model MP198 series.
Follow these steps to fix and reset the error.
- Turn Off the Printer
- Remove Cartridge
- Refilling the cartridge
- Reinstall the cartridge
- Turn The printer ON
- The printer is off and plug the power cord.
- Press the button STOP / RESET and hold, then press and hold the POWER button
- POWER button still press, release the STOP / RESET, then press the STOP / RESET 2 times in a state of the power button is pressed.
- Release both buttons simultaneously
- The printer will proceed in a while (a while), then the LCD panel will show the number zero (0)
- Computer will detect NEW DEVICE, Ignore it…
- Press the power button, then the printer will turn off
- Press the power button again, then the printer will be ready to use